A BRIEF HISTORY OF ABRAMS AIRBORNE MANUFACTURING, INC. and MILKOR USA, INC Established in 1965 by WWII Veteran, Harold “Bud” Abrams, Abrams Airborne is a family-owned and operated business. Born in of a small garage in Tucson, AZ, the company has grown into a 138,000 square foot facility with 150+ employees. Over decades in the industry, Abrams has served the following industries: Aerospace, Defense, Weapons, Medical and Commercial. In addition, Abrams Airborne acquired VLTOR Weapon Systems as a division to provide high quality weapons systems for military, law enforcement and the retail markets.
The company established Milkor USA, Inc., the world’s premier provider for the 40 mm Multi-Shot Grenade Launcher (MSGL), which supplied the US Marine Corps with a 5 year IDIQ contract.
Milkor USA, Inc aims to foster relationships through the production of high quality products at competitive prices, delivered to customers on time and with great customer service.
SERVICES AND CAPABILITY
- Engineering, Programming and Design
- CNC/Manual Lathe (Live Tooling) and Mill Machining
- Welding – TIG, MIG and Seam Weld
- Plating – Zinc, Type II and III Anodize with Dyes, Manganese Phosphate, Black Oxide, Passivate, Chem-Film
- Aluminum Dip Brazing
- Assembly and Integration
- Precision Sheet Metal – Forming, CNC Punching, Shearing
- Metal Finishing – Grain, Automated Shot Peen for Aluminum and Steel, Deburr, Tumble/Vibration Deburr, Grind
- Part Marking – Laser, RIFD, Silkscreen, Barcode, Stenciling, Engraving